Sunday, August 01, 2010

Couples Backpacking Overnighter

We went on an overnight backpacking trip with 4 other couples and had so much fun. (Much Thanks to Holly for keeping Ryker and my parents for taking the other 2.)

Suiting up for the hike in. It really was a nice easy hike, next time we would like to go a little further and do something a little more challenging.
Once we arrived at the small lake, Don and Jeremy started jumping in. Here they are discussing the angles of the jump. :)
Then they decided to swim across the lake...here they are on the other side.
Here is a little glimpse of the "campsite" and us cooking dinner.

It really was a beautiful place to sit and relax.

Here is mine and Don's set up. Funny thing...during the night I could hear something small outside our tent, then I could suddenly tell it was ON our tent so I got my flashlight and shined it around until I saw a little mouse climbing up the mesh on our tent. I woke up Don and made him get it off with a shoe...I was a little jumpy after that.
Hiking out the next day. The time went by way too fast. It would have been nice to stay another day.

No comments: