Friday, February 16, 2007

So sad...

Don't you hate to see your kids sad? Last night Don was getting out all his camping gear and packing his stuff for his camping trip this weekend and Mason wanted to know where HIS backpack was. Don explained that he couldn't go this time but said here is my other backpack and you can pretend to pack this. "No, I don't want to pretend", and then the tears started to flow. The really said, my feelings are so hurt tears.

This morning we were getting a few last minute things done before Don left and I was at the grocery store when my phone rang. Mason called and asked if he could have his "best friend Madison" come over (his cousin who is 9!). I told him that would be fine. A few minutes later my phone rings again and Mason is sobbing. "Madison can't come over, she has too many things today and Dad said I STILL can't go to the mountains with him." Ugh. It was so sad. If I wasn't terrified of him getting lost, or freezing to death, or of bears, or of the snow cave caving in on him, I would have asked Don to take him (Don would LOVE to take him if it were safe. Winter camping is too far out of my comfort zone for a 3 year old). Poor little guy. It must be hard when you can't understand why your daddy won't let you go.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Jeff goes biking on Friday and Saturday early in the morning and my boys always want to go, so I totally understand. They beg and beg because they've actually gone with him before later in the day and they love it so much. I can't wait until they can go with the big boys in the morning. It'll be much better for them then laying around wanting to watch cartoons.

libbie said...

Hi, this is your sponsor here. . . . . Be strong, Be very very strong!

Kim said...

So sad.... that you've haven't posted! I'll keep checking .....

libbie said...

Yeah . . . hurry up and post! I am always checking too!

MSB said...

Tara... this is Mandy Blank (Linhoff). I found your blog through Libbie's.
I have been so far out of things that I didn't even know you married Don...
My oldest (3 in August) also gets very upset and it breaks my heart... just distract. That is what we do. Everytime her grandparents leave we have a project waiting so she doesn't cry!

Chus said...

Here's a huge Mandy Blank's gallery!: Mandy Blank Fitness Model Gallery