Monday, February 25, 2008

Funny Story...

We went to my parents house for dinner tonight and my Mom had bought both of the kids a pair of sunglasses....Kennedy wore hers all the way home (it was completely dark outside).

Anyway, it made me think of a time when I was a kid and I had gotten a new pair of sunglasses and I looked sooo COOL when I was wearing them. We were on a short road trip to Spokane (2 1/2 hour drive) and I had the window down and had my head slightly out the window letting the wind blow my hair and the warm sun shine on my face while I was sporting my new shades.
And wouldn't you know, a gust of wind took those sunglasses right off my face and they were somewhere on the side of the highway. I yelled for my mom to stop so we could get my ($2) sunglasses and she said we couldn't stop but that if I saw them on the way home she would stop. mmmmmmm....... Is that mean, or smart? Not sure, but I was quiet all the way home as I kept my eyes peeled looking for my shades. Nope, never found them.

5 comments:

My Three Sons said...

That is so sad, yet so cute :) My kids love sunglasses, too. By the way, I just tagged you...see my blog for details!

elements: overexposed said...

T,

Yes, Conrad and Christina are in the photo with us. I am sure you knew him at BYUH, he was in my major then switched to yours. Small world!

K

Amy said...

Ah, Cambria lost a pair of sun glasses in the lake while we were on a boat in Coeur d'Alene. It was like she was saying good-bye to Jack as he slipped away from the wreckage from the Titanic. She watched them go down until the darkness of the water claimed them. She was very sad.

Kristen said...

I hope you have had many happy (and longer) relationships with sunglasses since. ;)

Anonymous said...

I totally remember that! I was traumatized for you and thought mom should definitely stop the car for your sunglasses. Apparently she didn't give in to whining because I remember trying.