Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's a Boy...

Don and I could not decide if it was a good idea to take the kids to the ultrasound with us. In the end decided we would take them....NOT a good idea.

I had forgotten that we were really going to see if the baby is developing normally and not just to find out the gender. I had also forgotten how long they actually spend measuring everything. As I laid there just waiting for the moment when the doc would let me go pee, Don struggled to keep the kids quiet and respectful.

So after about 45 minutes the doc finally said well here you can see, it's a boy. I looked down toward the end of the bed at my family and realized they weren't listening and I said, hey guys did you hear that, it's a boy. Kennedy was DEVASTATED! Tears started streaming down her face and she said "No, I want a sister not a boy!". She carried on for some time, it was really sad.

I think more sadness will come after the baby is born and Mason discovers that this brother that he has been waiting for isn't going to be a playmate for some time and once he is old enough to be a playmate, Mason won't be interested anymore.

At any rate, I am excited for the new little one that will be coming into our home.

8 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Congrats !

The Donald said...

Awesome. Congrats to you guys. It is always hard to remember that ultrasounds serve a purpose other than seeing if the babies room is going to be pink or blue.

Amanda B. said...

That is exciting! Congrats!

Ranting of a Frustrated Pregnant Woman said...

Conratulations Tara! I'm sure that he'll be a CUITE just like the rest of your family!

Amberly said...

I've been wondering if were going to be making this announcement. I think you should have a name suggestion post. Maybe you'll find some more choices. :)

Megan said...

Poor Kenna...she will be forever outnumbered in the cousin department.

Angelle said...

How fun! Two boys will be fun -I've loved it so far. Chase is surprisingly interested in Luke. Maybe Mason will be more than you think. Congrats!

Steve and Julie said...

Tara - I am thrilled for you guys! Hopefully the worst (sickness part) is over. I love love love having three. Trenton adores Blake, teaches him and makes him giggle, and Kali is the little mommy. Congrats!