Thursday, November 06, 2008

Operation: Pile o' Thank-yous

This post is copied from my sister, Amberly. I have a portion of it here, but check out her blog for the full deal. I think this is a great idea!
http://jasonandamberly.blogspot.com/

"I think it is polite to send a thank you note.

(Even if I have failed to send you a much deserved thank you note I still think it is polite to send a thank you note - hey, I'm not perfect.)

And seeing how it is November and all - the month for gratitude - I decided to send my Commander-in-Chief a little thank you love. I was thinking about this quote, "...The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined..." (full article here) and I thought what, my friends, is more tender, kind, and refined than a lovely homemade thank-you card with a thoughtful expression of gratitude?

By the by, I called the White House today to make sure that mail can really get to the President and I was assured that it would. I am not kidding, I really called the White House and I even blushed a full crimson blush as I talked to the switchboard operator. So get going, send a card, and pass this on."


I too hate that President Bush is being blamed for things that are not in his control. Check out the following article....I found it interesting.

http://www.meridianmagazine.com/ideas/081017light.html

Now go check out Amberly's blog... http://jasonandamberly.blogspot.com

(Libbie...just copy and past the URL in your browser) :) :)

7 comments:

Amberly said...

Thanks for helping me spread the love. :)

Amy said...

What an absolutely, fantastic idea- would you mind if I posted it on my blog as well?

elements: overexposed said...

What a great idea! Will you just sign my name on your card??? That would be great thanks! :) Actually if you have time could you just make me a card and then sign my name. Ok thanks in advance!

Cristi said...

I like this. I guess I hadn't even considered what it would be like to be the pres. and work your tail off and never get a thank you.

Ranting of a Frustrated Pregnant Woman said...

This is pretty cool! Way to go Tara!

My Three Sons said...

What a breath of fresh air. The very funny thing is that just today in sacrament meeting I was thinking about sending Pres. Bush a thank you. I am SO SICK of hearing absolutely EVERYTHING being blamed on him. Never mind the fact that just 9 months after he took office our nation faced a horror that he was left to deal with. I want him to know that there are people out here who still support and appreciate him. Thanks for the post, Tara.

StaceyOstler said...

Hey Tara did you get my email about the Twilight Movie. We're just needing to get a quick head count before we make up the tickets. Let me know if you want to come. Thanks Stacey