Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Friends

Aren't friends the best. I love my friends. I am sitting here crying because I am so thankful for my friends. I have always cared about friends and it is important to me to have good friends and to be a good friend.

I had a little pre-term labor problem yesterday and had to go spend a little time at the hospital and get some meds and a (really fun) shot. I am doing okay today, the contractions are slowing down as I rest and my cervix is (thankfully) holding strong so far.

(I am 32 weeks so this baby needs to wait and he seems to be doing just fine.)

So news spreads fast when you have good friends and they all want to help. One offered to bring dinner tonight and I convinced her that we were fine and that my great husband is perfectly capable of cooking of dinner. (He does it often)

Another friend insisted that she come over to get the kids ready for school. I told her no thank you ...she came anyway (and she folded a basket of laundry and cooked lunch while here).

My carpool friend insisted on driving both ways today AND on bringing over dinner. Which I again politely declined and she wouldn't hear of it. So we are having salmon at 6:00.

I feel blessed and thankful and loved. Thank you friends.

(my sisters are going to kill me....I swear I have been laying down all day, I just stopped to blog for 2 minutes when I got up to go potty)

8 comments:

Amberly said...

2 minutes huh? I am glad you are doing better but, FOR PETE'S SAKE what is one or two days lounging, really? You can do it! Keep that little fella in there. I am so glad your friends are taking care of you. I was just telling Megan that you can't go and have your baby right now because I am sick and would be no help. So use duct tape if you have to but keep him in at least until my cold is safely gone. Love you.

Amberly said...

Did that sound like a lecture? Sorry, it all comes from love. Lots of love sista. And maybe a dose of experience.

LollyGirl said...

wish i was there to help, too! i'd be camped out on your sofa with you girl! i can't believe you're already that far along! keep em' cookin' and please keep us posted!

laura said...

32 Weeks!- wow, I didn't know you were so far. But, not far enough to let that boy out yet. I'm glad to hear you are doing better- and you are right, friends are the best.
Oh, and can you send some of those contraction vibes my way.

Cristi said...

You deserve it! Glad you and baby are ok!

Angelle said...

I'm so glad you're being taken care of. Hang in there Tara (no cheating either)!

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

Tara,

Hi and hope your doing well with your pregnancy. :)

As far as your shopping question goes, my mom says the same thing that there is NO good shopping there. Maybe true, I don't know. But if I lived there I would check in the phone book for Antique stores or Antique malls, you'd be suprised how much great stuff you can get there. And I also LOVE garage sales, almost all of my furniture pieces came from, craigslist or garage sales...seriously and for dirt cheap...like 99% of them under $20 bucks. So, good luck and I'm coming in April maybe we could see what the Tricities has to offer...

Amy said...

It really is a blessing to have good friends. I am glad you are well teaken care of:) Keep that little guy in there!:)