Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Whistling Before 2?

So yesterday morning we came downstairs and I put Kennedy in her chair while I started cooking breakfast. I made eggs and toast (which is typical for her) and when I put it in front of her she started throwing a HUGE fit. Apparently this wasn't what she wanted. I have never thought that you should cater to your child at meal times; what I cook is what we eat. However, since Kennedy has still not hit the 20 lb mark and will be 2 in March, I tend to cater a little more to her. I tried applesauce, yogurt, string cheese....She was so frustrated because I was not doing what she wanted. Instead of trying to tell me she was just weeping and wailing and thrashing her body around. It probably would have been pretty humorous to some. The funny thing is that she really can communicate quite well. She talks quite a bit and I can typically understand what she is saying but yesterday she wasn't saying anything. She is going to be such a fun 2 year old. :)

Lets back track a little....For Christmas I surprised Don by building a headboard, 2 night stands and completely decorating our bedroom. The kids and I spent many days over at my parents house while my Dad and I worked on the furniture. My parents have this little dog named Einstein and one afternoon Mason was scared to upstairs by himself and I told him to get Einstein to go with him and he started going up the stairs and WHISTLED and said "c'mon Einstein". I couldn't believe it because I can remember laying in bed for HOURS at my Aunt and Uncles house practicing whistling. So we were impressed with our 3 year old newly learned skill.

Back to yesterday....The kids and I were upstairs playing and I heard Mason whistling and I looked over and it wasn't him. IT WAS KENNEDY. Yes, my almost 2 year old was walking around the room, whistling. She can't let me know what she wants for breakfast, but she can whistle. She was making Don and I laugh all night with it. She knew that we found it amusing so she kept doing it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lacie said, "a two year old can whistle and I can't." We both got a good kick out of this!

Kim said...

That's makes me laugh. I can't believe they can whistle!!!

laura said...

You built furniture!!??? Now that- I have to see. What talent! Please post picts.

thelivesofthebradyfamily said...

I can't believe little Kennedy can whistle! I told a lot of people about this, and no one has ever seen any two year old ( or younger) whistle! What a talent!