Sunday, May 18, 2008

God Bless The USA

Don was on a business trip a couple of weeks ago and when we went to the airport to pick him up there was a Soldier returning home from IRAQ. I was so glad that we were there at the airport at that time.

There were all these people (that didn't know the soldier) there to welcome him home and thank him for his service. They had lots of flags and they had the song GOD BLESS THE USA playing while he was shaking hands. I was standing there crying like a baby, so proud to be an American.

I was impressed by all the people that took time out of their Saturday to drive over to the airport to let this serviceman know that they appreciate him. I am thankful that people are willing to serve and sacrifice so much for our Country.

There are lots of people in our government that are corrupt, I know this. But I feel like one of the luckiest girls in the world to live in this great Country.

Mason was so curious about the whole event. He has asked many, many times about where he was fighting and why. It is very hard to explain to a 4 year old. Mason is so blessed and he doesn't even have any idea. He has a home, a bed, toys, all the food he wants, clean clothes, fancy pre-school...the list goes on and on....

GOD BLESS THE USA

3 comments:

elements: overexposed said...

What a great story! I too, feel so blessed to live in this country and am thankful for the courageous soldiers that continue to fight, despite the circumstances. They are truly heroes!

Nicole said...

Thank you for that post! I too feel very greatful and proud to be an American...What a great event to be there and see the solder come home. Thanks for reminding me to stop and thank those that serve our country!

Kimber & Jeremy! said...

Hi Tara, you guys are so cute! A few years ago when my hubbie's cousin came back from Iraq (he has since gone and thankfully come back again, so has my cousin) we were in the airport and each soldier that came in and as soon as he hugged his family it totally made me bawl every single time. I guess I can't do airport scenes. :) I'm so grateful for everyone that serves and for their families. That would be so hard. I am in love with America too. We are SO blessed. Hope you're doing great! Love, Kimber