Sunday, January 27, 2008

How 'bout a good recipe...

This is one of our favorite meals. We got the recipe from Nicole but I have changed some things that I do different and those changes are listed on the bottom. It is great both ways but I don't usually have potatoes on hand but I do always have rice and everything else. ENJOY!

Enchilada Soup

5-6 Chicken Breasts (thawed)
2 cans chicken broth
2 cans enchilada sauce (I prefer Rosarita)
1 can black beans (rinsed)
1 can of corn
3-4 potatoes – cubed
1 can chopped tomatoes

Cook in crock pot for 5-6 hours or until chicken easily falls apart

*Optional toppings
cilantro, cheese, sour cream, avocados, chips

Tara’s changes to recipe
1 or 2 extra cans of black beans
Frozen corn instead of canned about 2 cups
No potatoes
I cook brown rice on the stove and add it to the soup just before serving. (about 2 cups worth) We like the soup thick

The next day we use a slotted spoon and put soup mixture into tortillas for tacos

5 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks Tara. I love this recipe and planned on making this week. I was actually going to call and ask you for it! :)

My Three Sons said...

My favorite recipe. Love it! I'm glad you like it, too. Although I have never tried it with rice. I'll have to give it a go!

Lesley said...

Thanks! I am going to try it out! I am always in need of a good recipe and something different!

Lisa Christine said...

Wow, that sounds good, I will have to get Lisa to make that for dinner this week. Are you guys still thinking about moving?

laura said...

Hey- I want to make this for dinner. Question: Why does the chicken have to be thawed? I always put mine in the crockpot frozen. Is there something I should know???