Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Crazy Day...

Sometimes I think of something that I want to blog about for my journal but then I think, no that's so boring, no one wants to read that. But really I am blogging for myself (okay, and because I LOVE to keep in touch with all my friends) and once I get enough blogs I am going to have it printed in a book from http://www.blurb.com/. I love to look at old letters that my grandparents have and an old old journal that my Mom kept from when I was a child. (There isn't many entry's in that one, but I still love it.) So my blog today is really just for journals sake, so you might not want to waste your time reading about my crazy day.

So this morning Don came in at 6:40 asking if I had seen his keys. I hadn't and I could hear him searching downstairs and so I couldn't sleep. I went down and we searched for 2 1/2 hours. We never found them. We are assuming that one of the kids took them and they are in some random toy somewhere but both of the kids say they didn't touch them....whatever. (His spare key was at our car mechanics house...ya, ya, we need more spares.) So Don dropped the kids and I off at the gym with the double jogger and he headed to work (The gym is only about a mile or so from home). He works about 25 minutes from home. Anyway when it was time to head home I realized I had not taken a key to get back into the house. Most people have a window they can break into or some way to get in. Not us.

So my great friend at the gym said we could hang out at their house. Which is great except my other great friend Libbie had her baby girl and was coming home from the hospital tonight and I had told her I would bring dinner, and I really wanted to. (Not to mention that when you take a friend dinner after having a baby they always think that you are a great cook because they are starving after giving birth. :)). I needed to go to the store to get all the stuff. So my friend took us to the store, then we went to her house for awhile, then back to the gym for the girls swimming lessons, then she took us home and helped me make dinner for my family, her family and Libbie's.

I also had a meeting tonight and I had to bring refreshments. I showed up at my meeting smelling like homemade chicken noodle soup, in my workout clothes, with chocolate on my shirt. However, Libbie got dinner and I was at my meeting on time, with refreshments. And now that I am home and can relax, I just finished eating my 4th Seven layer bar. What a day.

Oh, maybe you would like the recipe for these. They are super healthy. (kidding) :)

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (I used pecans)
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/3 cups shredded coconut

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Place butter in 13 x 9 inch pan and melt in oven. Swirl to coat bottom and sides with butter.
Spread crumbs evenly over bottom of pan. Layer chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and nuts over crumbs. Pour condensed milk over nuts. Sprinkle coconut over condensed milk.
Bake until edges are golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Yikes. I don't think I could get through a day like that without throwing a small tantrum. I probably would've thrown my hands up in the air and called everyone to let them know they shouldn't count on me.

Kristen said...

I gained five pounds reading that recipe. Thanks. ;)

libbie said...

I gained 5 pounds eating the whole plate you brought over, and another 5 when I just finished off the most delicious soup ever. You are a great cook, when I'm starving or not. Feel free to bring me dinner at any time, just next time if you could not lose your keys it would probably work better for you! Thank you so much, you are the greatest friend. I do love you . . . . so much!

Megan said...

I can't believe you still managed to make dinner for Libby. I don't even think I would have made dinner for my own family. You are quite the trooper.

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks