Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Ryker!

He wasn't sure about the cupcake at first. He didn't like it on his fingers and I think was hesitant because everyone was staring at him. In the end, he enjoyed it and finished it off.

We got him a helicopter that has lights/sounds/music. He was interested for about 1/2 a day. This boy doesn't really dig toys. He just wants to explore and destroy.


Ryker has been such a fun addition to our family. We have really been able to enjoy him with the other 2 being a little older.

A few things about Ryker:
-loves playing outside
-has 8 teeth
-is very cuddly
-sleeps 8 pm - 6:15 am, 9:30 - 11:30 am, and 2:30 - 4:30 pm
-has no bottle/binki/blankie (i.e. is attached to nothing)
-is easy to take anywhere (except church...he just wants to explore, which we don't allow)
-plays in the toilet if the bathroom door is left open
-loves to have his teeth brushed
-has had 4 hair cuts already
-weighs 23 lbs 40 %
-80% for height (can't remember how tall he is, nice one mom)

Dear Ryker,
I hope you don't feel jipped that we didn't have a big party for your 1st birthday like we did for your siblings. I know you don't care now and we are smarter this 3rd time around. We love you just as much as them and in fact, appreciate you more, you know, since we are smarter and all. Thanks for being my little snuggler and helping me remember that I have the best job on the planet.

4 comments:

Amberly said...

He really is the most darling baby - I just LOVE him!

Brooke said...

Tara - glad you updated your blog. I know we don't really keep in touch but it is always fun to see what's been going on with you. Your children are really darling.

Megan said...

Such cute kids Tara!! Glad you guys are doing good!! Fun to see pictures!

Amanda B. said...

Love all these updates, Tara. I can't believe your baby is 1! I loved your letter to him at the end. So, so true.